CM Home Forums CrossMember Features you want developed Mailchimp integration

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 5 months ago by Gene Maxwell ( Series 2 Club).
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Julie.G

Hi Brian,

We have started using Mailchimp for communications in one of our areas and its been really successful and very easy to use, it allows you to easily get your email updates to members having the same look and feel as your website, social etc.
    It would be useful to be able to have one place for the member info and have the list on mail chimp automatically updated? is this something you can look at?

Best regards
    Julie

wwwebbers
    Keymaster

Hi Julie,
    Yes absolutely.It’s on my list of ‘must haves’ for CROSSMEMBER so that it can keep your MailChimp communication list up to date automatically rather than continually uploading CSV files to them all the time. We have enough work to do as it is as volunteers!

The system is under test at the moment with the P6 Club committee and will be in Beta in the next day or two, on target for release by the NEC. I’m then going to give it a few weeks to bed in properly, ensure that I’ve got the right reports coming out, that new members are having the right experience etc, and then put the programme together for regular releases throughout 2018 – which will be published up here on the CROSSMEMBER forum for all to see.

I want this system to be community driven. I know what I need in the Rover P6 Club but we all have different ideas and different ways of doing things – many of which could be beneficial to us all. So when I publish the programme, we’ll have ‘fixed’ and ‘candidate’ functionality. The next release will be fixed – otherwise I wont know what I’m working on, and future functionality will be candidates for a release so that people can comment on what is more important for their club. We’ve already got a few good ideas appearing on this forum.

All the best,
    Brian.

demo-pegasus

Hi Brian,

Thats great news, our ideas for mailchimp was to enable regions to have their own campaigns but also be able to create campaigns for the whole database. So far we only have a single list with just one region, as we are getting to grips with how best to do things before then seeing which other areas are interested.

Thanks
    Julie

wwwebbers
    Keymaster

Hi Julie,
    oooh that’s interesting and I can see the logic in that. When I come to implement the MailChimp API functionality I’ll bear that in mind. I can see with a club your size that MailChimp’ing by region and by Club could be a good idea.

**makes a note of it**

Cheers,
    Brian.

Gene Maxwell ( Series 2 Club)

Sounds interesting, we don’t use mailchimp, I’ll take a look at it !

G.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.