CM Home Forums CrossMember General Discussion Paypal and Card Payments from Germany

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Has anyone had an issue with payments from Germany ? My German is not good but it seems as if “guest” payments are not an option on Paypal in Germany, people are being asked to sign up for a Paypal account ? ….and not wanting to.

G.

wwwebbers
    Keymaster

Hi Gene,
    PayPal and the ability to use the Guest checkout is wholly under the control of PayPal. I’ve met some countries where the Guest checkout just doesn’t seem to be allowed, Ireland for one but I wasn’t aware of Germany.

There are two solutions to this:

1. Sign up for PayPal Payments Pro and then enable it in the Crossmember settings. PayPal Pro will allow for Credit Card Payments.
    2. Give me a couple more weeks and a new integration with Stripe (stripe.com) will go live. I’ve been a bit sluggish on this integration over the Christmas break but it’s pretty much all done with just a bit more testing to do. Stripe is one of the major credit/debit card payment providers online and their fees are reasonable.

Hope that helps,
    Brian.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, that’s good news, we’ll wait for Stripe. I can pass that on to the Irish & German members…

A fair few members in general are wary of Paypal.

G.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any news on “Stripe”. Another German customer having issues and one in Argentina, where they have apparently blocked Paypal for overseas payments of any kind 🙁

Cheers,

Gene

Anonymous
    Inactive

We’ve been using Stripe for a while now – really good. Makes life a lot easier than Paypals card option.

wwwebbers
    Keymaster

Thanks Gene,

I’m really pleased you like the integration and it’s working really well for you.

Brian.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.