CM Home Forums CrossMember Features you want developed Vehicle details

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gene Maxwell ( Series 2 Club)

Hi Brian, As discussed, an area we’d be interested in is using the vehicle details data as a Registry and having it potentially searchable by other members – so someone doing a restoration of a particular model could search for a similar vehicle to check details, compare notes.. We’d be looking to add some extra fields – Chassis number, Date of production perhaps some others or a Notes field ? Having the option to add photos would also be invaluable.

I’d be selling it to members as not only a valuable historical research tool but also as a Security add-on – If your vehicle is recorded and photographed then its harder to steal, harder to clone. It would also be secure in that I’d guess it would be possible to record who had viewed the record ?

Thanks,

Gene

wwwebbers
    Keymaster

Hi Gene,
    That sounds like an interesting use of the vehicle register. I’m not sure that every club would be happy to have the vehicle register searchable by other members – so, everyone else please comment!
    That said, it would be possible to build in the functionality. CROSSMEMBER uses a role-based access, currently these roles are admin, (privileged) user, regional organiser and member. Each of these roles has configurable view/edit rights. In the first release, these rights are the same for everyone, but I was toying with the idea of having these rights configurable on a club by club basis. I think this could give you what you’re looking for.
    The Vehicles form is now complete for the initial release and contains the following information:
    Registration number
    Make
    Model
    Type (e.g. series 1, series 2 etc)
    Registration date
    Chassis number
    Engine number
    Body type (saloon, van, convertible etc)
    Colour
    Gearbox
    Condition
    Plus text fields for modifications and special features.

The reporting section allows you to search on these fields in a ‘contains’ search – searching on Make ‘OVR’ will find any make containing ‘OVR’ like Rover, LandRover etc.

Interesting idea too on who viewed the record. Of course no-one without access would be able to view – either by direct login or tokenised email access (secure member access without remembering passwords) We could track views by login id or by member number of the ‘guest’ logon. I’ll have a think about this one.

Photos had also crossed my mind, you’re giving me plenty to think about and keep me from being idle!
    Thanks for your input,
    Brian.

Hi Brian, another couple of fields that we’d like to see would be fuel type and engine size ?

Cheers,

Gene

wwwebbers
    Keymaster

Thanks Gene, a good point and obvious really!

Hi Brian, how is progress going on this bit ? A fair amount of conversation on the subject within our Club.

Cheers,

G.

wwwebbers
    Keymaster

Hi Gene,

I’ll put a formal announcement out on progress in the next day or two. But there is new functionality released into the demo system already, I’m just in the middle of a data cleanse and migration for the Rover P6 Club to both take the opportunity of tidying up the data – I found 9 different ways of spelling the Rover colour “Brasilia Brown” haha and that’s just one of very many. Hopefully I’ll be done with it by the end of today or early tomorrow morning. Essentially and off the top of my head without consulting the change log, this release includes:

• Full implementation of Membership fees / Club years. So changing the membership type or country on the form updates the membership fee correctly for the day that you’re joining. Very important for clubs that have a Fixed Year instead of a rolling year. It also takes into account reductions in the fee throughout the fixed year.
    • Automated renewal reminder emails are now implemented and the content of the email is configurable under ‘Setup’. It includes Tokens to insert into the text to be replaced with the members name, expiry date, lapse date and membership number.
    • I’ve made a start on the Activity List that the membership secretary will need. E.g. when people join, there are welcomes to be sent out by post.
    • All reports can now be downloaded into an xlsx spreadsheet
    • I’ve made a start on the ‘Backup’ download, there are a couple of more tables to implement, but it’s nearly there

…. and there’s bound to be other stuff too.

Once I’ve got this release successfully into Beta with the P6 Club, we need to develop the Programme of work ongoing. One of the first things on my list is your members’ vehicle register and I’d like to work on this design with you.

All the best,
    Brian.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.