Home Forums CrossMember Features you want developed Website integration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wwwebbers 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Roger Young

How easy to integrate into a current website especially to allow secure login to a members area using membership data?

#819 Reply

wwwebbers
    Keymaster

Hi Roger,
    Integration for normal use is via three simple links – Joining, Renewing, View my record.

The more complex integration that you’re talking about here is part of a next programme of work. I’ve had a couple of requests for exactly what you’re looking for and I intend to implement this as a REST API. Crossmember already has an Oauth2 Server implemented so it will be reasonably straight forward to build the API.
    I envisage that on member login to your website, as part of your authentication you will know who they are – perhaps their membership number that you have attached to their user profile. Implementing a REST call to Crossmember with this information could then provide you with their status/expiry date etc that could then allow you to determine if they are a current paid up member that will allow them to access member only pages according to your club’s rules. You could then store a token in their session data that will allow members area access.

Does this align with your thinking/requirements?

Crossmember development is driven by community need (rather than what I think we all want) so your input is valued.

All the best,
    Brian.

#853 Reply

Stewart Sims

Hi Brian,

The above broadly sounds good to me, I believe a while back we asked and it was on your radar as something to implement in future. We must catch up at some point, generally everything is all working well for the RCOC, but would definitely be interested to know if you have made any progress on this or want to discuss further, there are a lot of implementation details and on our side we would probably need some changes to our website / forum to accommodate this. However the automation it would bring would be great for the club! Although one step at a time, 1 year in we have a lot of other things taking up our time so website development has dropped down the list of priorities a bit but I guess that’s normal for a car club.

#855 Reply

wwwebbers
    Keymaster

Hi Stewart,

Yes it’s still on my radar as I think this will bring a whole wealth of benefits to Clubs. It expands the abilities of Crossmember into the Club’s website through the secure sharing of information.
    I’ve not got into it yet. At the moment I’m quite focused on getting the migration of Crossmember onto its new home sorted. Planning for that is going well and I’ve already migrated parts of the system that wont be subject to downtime when the nameservers move – unfortunately that’s a necessity for this move but it should be the last for a long time as this move should future proof Crossmember for growth.
    Once I get to thinking about the REST API I’ll come calling on you (and any other Clubs that would like to have input please shout here) so that we can ensure what is built is good for all.

Cheers,
    Brian.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Website integration
Your information: